Photo: Regensburg, Germany
Travel Consultant & General Manager
I grew up in the country near the Oregon coast, on a dead end road, with few neighbors. Books were my escape to exotic places.
My first job in a travel agency was in 1978, all done via the phone, as there weren’t computers yet. Even still, I was hooked!
One tip I always tell my clients: Be sure to take your brain and your common sense on every trip. Along with an open mind for impromptu new adventures!
(Photo: Nancy and with a great big tortoise.)
A Few of Nancy’s Favorite Travel Memories
- Galapagos and the crazy marine iguanas!
- Visiting Uganda and trekking through a forest while chimpanzees went about their daily business.
- Driving in Western Australia while a lizard races me (and wins).
- Watching cattle dogs work in New Zealand.
- A cooking class in Vietnam.
- A walking tour in Regensburg while on a Xmas Markets cruise with my daughter.
(Photo: Nancy’s photo of a chimp she spotted.)
- Learning about the Atchafalaya Basin via a swamp tour from Bayou Sorrel in Louisiana
- Attending a party on the helipad of the Celebrity Eclipse.
- Fur Rendezvous in Anchorage.
- Snorkeling in Fiji, Cook Islands, Tahiti, Great Barrier Reef, Hawaii, Turks and Caicos.
- Exploring Sorrento and the villages of the Amalfi Coast in Italy with friends.
(Photo: Tulamben, Bali)
Q&A with Nancy
- What is the first country you ever visited? Mexico
- What’s your favorite destination? Mainland=New Orleans USA=Hawaii International: Uganda
- What’s your essential carry-on item? book
- What was your last trip before Covid? Mississippi and Louisiana road trip
- Where do you want to go next? Fiji
- What is your best travel tip? Keep your electronics fully charged, in your carryon. Include a power strip with long cord should you need to share power outlets in airports
If you’re interested in working with Nancy Fowler, make sure to request her through our contact page!