Looking for a unique for next year? Join Lindblad Expeditions on their 8-Day Expedition of Panama & Colombia in October 2020.
All aboard the 100-guest National Geographic Quest for an amazing 8-day journey on the Caribbean coast!
There are few itineraries that let you explore Panama and Colombia in depth. Travel from the historic Panama City, across the world-famous Panama Canal. Then pass along the coast, visiting iconic ports along the way to Cartagena.
On this small-ship expedition, feel like a true explorer into Nature & Culture:
- Transit the Panama Canal over 2 fascinating days & 1 dramatically illuminated night; experience Gatún Lake in the Canal Zone.
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Site Portobelo, Panama, for its 17th and 18th century history; and Colombia’s Santa Cruz de Lorica, with its fascinating European and Middle Eastern architecture and culture.
- Meet the people of Guna Yala(formerly the San Blas Islands) and discover their renowned handcrafted mola textiles; see hatmakers weaving the vueltiao, Colombia’s national symbol.
- Hike amid the region’s splendid tropical biodiversity—spotting some of the 1,900 bird and 450 mammal species.
- Snorkel, kayak or paddleboard in crystal clear waters in untouristed regions.
- Visit Santa Cruz del Islote, Colombia, one of the most densely populated islands on Earth—with 600 inhabitants on land the size of two soccer fields.