Always dreamed of walking the Camino de Santiago but never had the time or resources?
Not even sure where to begin to hike the world’s most famous pilgrimage route?
Never fear! Introducing two departures – one in Spring, one in Fall 2020.
Welcome to The Wayfarers
The Wayfarers is an exceptional company for walking vacations. They combine active holidays with a thoughtful mix of ancient sights and towns. Follow your expert guide on an adventure that packs weeks of wandering on your own in a single bite-sized, week-long trip.
Follow ancient roads marked by graceful scallop shells – the symbol of St. James – through medieval villages, chapels, sanctuaries, sweeping valleys and soaring cathedrals
Highlights of a Week on the Road
- Begin in Burgos, the burial place of El Cid
- Visit the Cruz de Hierro towering above thousands of pilgrims’ stones
- Discover the unspoiled village of O’Cebreiro with its oval stone huts
- Rejoice in Santiago’s Praza do Obradoiro.
A Wayfarer Experience
The Wayfarers stay in historic palacios, manor houses and pilgrims’ pousada (“pilgrim pensions”). In Santiago itself, reward yourselves to a night in the oldest hotel (and one of the most luxurious) in the world! The Parador de Santiago was originally a Royal Hospital and dates back to 1499.
The history of the Camino de Santiagogoes back to the beginning of the 9th century, with the discovery of the tomb of St. James in the Iberian Peninsula. Since this discovery, Santiago de Compostella has become a pilgrimage site across the entire European continent.
Just the Facts, Sir
7 nights from $4,495 per person
Departures in 2020: May 2-9, Oct 10-17
- Full-time services of two staff – a Walk Leader and Walk Manager
- A backup vehicle for resting walkers and moving luggage
- Comprehensive Travel Information Package and Reading List
- Diverse itineraries with an emphasis on history, geography, culture, peoples, flora and fauna
- Demonstrations, wine tasting, admissions to museums and historic sites
- All ground transfers (ferries, cable cars, trains, etc.)
- Maps and unique souvenirs to commemorate your trip
- First-class accommodations with cultural and historical interest
- All meals – with choices – (Special dietary requirements? No problem!)
- Wine with dinner
- On-trail snacks and refreshments
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
Contact us to discuss adventure holidays and walking trips with our travel consultants.